Vytautas Ringus, MD
I come from Chicago and am fellowship trained foot an ankle surgeon. I often get asked where the name comes from; it’s Lithuanian. I attended Cornell University finished with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. I then attended the University of Illinois at Chicago graduating with an MD and later did my internship and residency at West Virginia University. Subsequently I completed a foot and ankle fellowship in Columbus Ohio with the Orthopaedic and Foot and Ankle Center of Westerville.
I come to Oklahoma with a special interest in complex foot and ankle reconstruction including cartilage grafting, resurfacing and total ankle replacement. In addition, I have extensive experience in sports medicine, general orthopaedics, reconstructing ligamentous injuries and performing ankle arthroscopy (anteriorly and posteriorly).
I enjoy time with my family, playing golf, soccer and volleyball, and estate sales. I love trivia and the arts. I also love Norman and its people and am very glad to have made the choice to come to Oklahoma.
Share This Page
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Active Fellow Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Medical Director for WPSL, (Tier Divison ll USA Womens Soccer)
- Member of the AOSSM
- Team physcian for Oklahoma City FC
- Team physician for former Rayo OKC
- Team physician for Seminole State College Athletics
- Team physician for OU Men's Rugby team
- Team physician for OU Hockey
- Team physician for OKC Blazer's Jr A
- Team physician for OK Premier Volleyball Club
- Team physician for Oklahoma Colts Rugby Club
- Team physician for OU Lacrosse
- Team physician for Yukon Rugby Club
- Team physician for The Oklahoma Victory Dolls Roller Derby Team
- Team physician and board member for Oklahoma Elite Rugby Development Program
- Graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts
- Graduated from the University of Illinois-Chicago with a Doctor of Medicine degree in 2004
- Completed orthopaedic surgery residency at West Virginia University from 2004 - 2009
- Completed foot and ankle fellowship at the Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center in Westerville, Ohio in 2010
- Board certified by the american board of Orthopaedic surgery
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma - Active Staff
- Norman Regional Hospital - Active Staff
- Physicians Surgical Center - Active Staff
- Canadian Valley Integris - Active Staff
Primary interests are foot and ankle surgery. Specialty training in forefoot, midfoot, and hindfoot reconstruction, including total ankle replacement, cartilage grafting, and external fixation. Thoroughly trained in lower extremity trauma.