Vytautas Ringus, MD
Vytautas Ringus MD is originally from Chicago. He attended Cornell University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Economics. He then attended the University of Illinois at Chicago and received his
Doctor of Medicine degree in 2004. He completed his internship and residency at West Virginia University in 2009 and completed a foot and ankle fellowship in Columbus Ohio at the Orthopaedic and Foot and Ankle Center of Westerville in 2010. Dr. Ringus joined OSC in 2010.
Dr. Ringus is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS), Active Fellow Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Member of the AOSSM (American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine), Past President and current Presidential Advisory Committee of Orthopaedic Society of Oklahoma. Dr. Ringus was named Top Orthopedic Surgeon by 405 Magazine in 2021.
Dr. Ringus is a fellowship trained foot and ankle surgeon with specialty training in complex foot and ankle reconstruction including forefoot, midfoot, and hindfoot reconstruction, including total ankle replacement, cartilage grafting, resurfacing, external fixation, and lower extremity trauma. In addition, he has extensive experience in sports medicine, general orthopedics, reconstructing ligamentous injuries, and performing ankle arthroscopy (anteriorly and posteriorly).
Dr. Ringus is very active in his community. He is the Team Physician and Medical Director for Women’s Premier Soccer League (Tier Division II USA Women’s Soccer), Oklahoma City FC Women’s Premier Soccer League, OKC 1889 FC Men’s Soccer team, Seminole State College Athletics, OK Premier Volleyball Club, OU Rugby Club, Purcell High School, Norman Youth Soccer Association (NYSA), Former Rayo OKC team physician, Former OU Hockey team physician, Former Team Physician for Oklahoma Elite Rugby Club, and Former team physician for OKC Victory Dolls Roller Derby,
Dr. Ringus is also Medical Director of Skinlab Injectables, Medical Director of Lifespring Home Health, NHealth Finance committee chair, Former Chief of Staff Surgical Hospital of OK, consultant and design surgeon with multiple orthopedic implant companies, member BICMD.
Dr. Ringus often gets asked where the name comes from; it’s Lithuanian. He enjoys his time with his family, playing golf, soccer and volleyball, and estate sales. He loves trivia and the arts. He also loves Norman and its people and is very glad to have made the choice to come to Oklahoma.
Primary interests are foot and ankle surgery. Specialty training in forefoot, midfoot, and hindfoot reconstruction, including total ankle replacement, cartilage grafting, and external fixation. Thoroughly trained in lower extremity trauma.
- General Orthopedics
- Sports Injuries
- Ankle Replacement
- Lower Extremity Trauma
- Pediatric Feet & Trauma
- Graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Arts
- Graduated from the University of Illinois-Chicago with a Doctor of Medicine degree in 2004
- Completed orthopaedic surgery residency at West Virginia University from 2004 – 2009
- Completed foot and ankle fellowship at the Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Center in Westerville, Ohio in 2010
- Board certified by the american board of Orthopaedic surgery
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society 2010
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2015
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine 2017
- Former President and current Presidential
- Advisory Committee of Orthopaedic Society of Oklahoma 2019-2022
- Team physician and Medical Director for Women’s Premier Soccer League (Tier Division II USA Women’s Soccer)
- Team physician Oklahoma City FC Women’s Premier Soccer League
- Team physician OKC 1889 FC Men’s Soccer team
- Team physician Seminole State College Athletics
- Team physician OK Premier Volleyball Club
- Team physician OU Men’s Rugby Club
- Team Physician Purcell High School
- Team Physician Norman Youth Soccer Association (NYSA)
- Former OU Hockey team physician
- Former Team Physician for Oklahoma Elite Rugby Club
- Former team physician for OKC Victory Dolls Roller Derby
- Former Team physician for OKC Blazer’s Jr A
- Former Team physician for the Oklahoma Blazer Hockey Team
- Former Team physician for Rayo OKC Men’s Soccer Team
Dr. Vytautas Ringus, MD
- Monday 8:00 - 5:00
- Tuesday 8:00 - 5:00
- Wednesday 8:00 - 5:00
- Thursday 8:00 - 5:00
- Friday 8:00 - 5:00