Voice: (405) 447-6000
Fax: (405) 364-0278
Read our brochure for more information
The OSC Spectrum Imaging department is a state-of-the-art facility with friendly and professional staff dedicated to making your visit a comfortable one. Our open MRI machine accommodates large and claustrophobic patients. For your convenience, we have same week appointments available from 7am to 7pm, with results in 24 hours in most cases.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Unlike an x-ray, which only takes a picture of bone, an MRI provides an unparalleled view inside the human body and allows your doctor a highly detailed look at soft tissue, ligaments, tendons, and bone.
*IMPORTANT* If You Have a Pacemaker, You Cannot Have An MRI
Preparing for your appointment
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment to fill out paperwork
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothing that contains no metal (zippers, snaps, buttons)
- We offer gowns and shorts if needed
- Please remove any piercings before your appointment
- There are no diet restrictions, you can eat, drink, and take your medications as normal.
- We recommend taking any pain medication 1 hour prior to your exam.
- We offer Valium to our claustrophobic patients. You will need to arrive 1 hour prior to your scheduled exam and have a driver. Please contact us if you would like to schedule with Valium.
During your appointment
- Your MRI will take up to 45 minutes for each body part we scan.
- We offer headphone to listen to the radio while being scanned.
After your appointment
- Your doctor should receive the results within 24 hours, but please give your doctor additional time to review the results.
- While your chances of a reaction to the injection of gadolinium are very low, please contact your regular physician or ordering physician immediately if you notice any redness/swelling at the site of the injections.
- If you need to check out films or a CD, please give us 24 hours notice.
- You will receive only one bill for your MRI. The radiologist fee is included in the price of the exam.