Spectrum is our in-house imaging department with friendly and professional staff dedicated to making your experience comfortable. Our 1.2 Tesla Open-MRI machine accommodates up to 500lbs or claustrophobic patients. Same week appointments are available from 6:40 am to 5:00 pm, with results as soon as 24 hours in most cases.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Unlike an x-ray, which only takes a picture of bone, an MRI provides an unparalleled view inside the human body and allows your doctor a highly detailed look at soft tissue, ligaments, tendons, and bone.
IF YOU HAVE A PACEMAKER WE CANNOT SCAN YOU – WE HAVE OTHER FACILITIES WE RECOMMEND
You may not be able to receive an MRI if: you have aneurysm clips, stents, coils, valves, implanted monitors, neurostimulators, ear implants, or if you are pregnant. Contact your physician or our office with any questions.
Preparing For Your Appointment
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment to fill out paperwork
- We recommend comfortable clothing with NO metal (zippers, snaps, buttons)
- We offer gowns and shorts
- Remove any piercings
- NO diet restrictions, you can eat, drink, and take your medications as normal
- We recommend taking any pain medication 1 hour prior to your exam
- We offer Valium (a sedative)
- Please contact us before the visit to schedule this sedative
- Arrive 1 hour BEFORE to your scheduled exam
- Bring a driver in order to leave our facility after your scan
MRIs are covered under most insurance plans but in the event of no coverage or high deductibles, we offer a cash rate: $450 without contrast or $575 with contrast.
During Your Appointment
- Your MRI will take approximately 30 minutes for each body part we scan
- We offer headphones with radio
After Your Appointment
- Your doctor can receive the results as early as 24 hours, but be aware this may not always happen
- While your chances of a reaction to the injection of gadovist are very low, please contact your regular physician or ordering physician immediately if you notice any redness/swelling at the site of the injections.
- If you need a CD, please give us 24-hour notice.
For more information about MRI’s ask a helpful staff member for a brochure today.
Phone: (405) 447-6000 Fax: (405) 364-0278